For this month’s Silhouette Challenge I’m at it again with the vinyl. When I won my portrait, I told my husband that everything in the house was getting a decal. I don’t think he realized how serious I was, but I’m sure he got the point when I “decaled” the chicken coop.
I now decided that my vinyl powers would best be put to use preparing for our at- home preschool. Before starting this new venture I wanted to make sure I was organized, and that’s where this dry erase board comes in to play. It is the perfect size to fit on our fridge and be a sort-of a command center for my son and I. The chore chart is done with pictures, so he can easily understand. Our preschool schedule is written out for me as a reminder, and there is a place that lists what we are learning about each week. That way my husband can see what’s happening in our little home school.
For the chore chart I actually used this calender that I bought from the Silhouette store. I wanted the spaces for the picture to be a little wider, so I used the cut tool and took out one of the dividers on each line.
I then searched for shapes to match the chores and found these sets from the Silhouette store. Of course, the chicken I already had, and for the dog bowl I found an image and traced it in the Silhouette studio. I intended to make my own shapes by tracing images, but I had a hard time finding ones that I liked. So, paying $.99 for something I liked and that was less hassle, was okay with me.
The hardest part of the whole project was cutting out the “times”. Those tiny numbers just didn’t want to come out, but they finally cooperated long enough for me to get them on the board.
So, I think the easy part of our Preschool at home is done. Now, I have to get my 3- year old to sit still long enough to teach him numbers, colors and ABC’s. My silhouette might not be able to help with that, but I am sure I will be using it a lot through out this school year.
Be sure to check out the other Silhouette Challenge projects from these lovely ladies.
- Strawberry Shortcake Party Favors with Silhouette Seed Packets by It Happens in a Blink
- Look At Me! Vinyl Decal with Free File by Get Silvered Craft
- Stamped Wrapping Paper Tutorial by The Thinking Closet
- Titi’s Freezer Paper Stenciled Butterflies Onesie! by TitiCrafty
- Gender Reveal Fabric Banner by Create & Babble
- Monster Crossing Test Tube Holder by My Happy Place
- Preschool Lovey Book by A Tossed Salad Life
- Front Door Sign by Cutesy Crafts
- Paper Pumpkin Banner by Chicken Scratch NY
- A Stache Bash Shower by Home At Eight
- Fall Decor with the Silhouette by Coley’s Corner
- Happy Fall Y’all by Tanya’s Creative Space
- Crafting for Disney: Stroller Signs & Kid Shirts by From Wine to Whine
- Halloween Lights by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Customized Disney T-Shirts by DailyDwelling
- Craft Room Labels by Super Sweet Life
- Tried & True Coloring Print In 3D! by Tried & True
- Clean Eating Menu Planning and Magnet Board by The House on Hillbrook
- Toddler Growth Chart by Joy and Gladness of Heart
- DIY Anthropologie Inspired Chalk Board Storage Jars by 4 You With Love
- “Let’s Hear it For the Boys!” by An Elegant Touch