I mentioned last week that I am trying to redo and organize my craft space. I started with buying some plastic storage containers to hold the little craft items I had floating around.
When I found out that this month’s Silhouette Challenge theme was “organization” I knew it would be the perfect time to separate everything and make some labels for my boxes.
I decided to use sketch pens because I really, really hate my handwriting. I probably would have thrown out 20 labels trying get it just right, so this was just easier and prettier.
This was my first time using sketch pens, and I have to say I am in love with them. They look so good! It was so much fun to see it drawing out my creation. My only tip for using them, is if they are brand new, write with them first to get the ink flowing. As soon as I did that the ink flowed perfectly, and I had no problem with skipping.
I started off by designing how I wanted my labels to look. Once I had it just right I selected what area I wanted sketched.
Then I went back and selected the outer line to cut. I never unloaded my mat. I just sent it right back through, so that it would cut perfectly around the shape.
See my pretty labels! I unloaded my card- stock labels, and loaded a piece of double- sided adhesive. All I did was change the material setting to double- sided adhesive, leaving everything else the same and cut again. Below you can see the adhesive is the exact same shape as my label.
Pulling off the white layer first, I lined up and applied the label.
After the label is on the adhesive, I removed the backing and applied it to my plastic boxes. Easy enough, right?
I know I keep saying it, but I love how they turned out! Having a organized and pretty craft area makes it such a happier place to create.
Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?
My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!
- DIY Window Shutter Mail Organizer by Weekend Craft
- Kids’ Art Wall by Tried & True
- Organizing Silhouette and Craft Supplies by The Happier Homemaker
- Simple Recipe Organization by It’s Always Craft Time
- Put a Label on it! Herb Names for Plant Stakes by Get Silvered
- Super Simple Linen Closet Labels by Two Purple Couches
- Beware of the Animals Vinyl Toy Box by A Tossed Salad Life
- Child desk accessories by Architecture of a Mom
- Organizing & the Important of Labels by The Turquoise Home
- Index Card Organizer for Easier Meal Planning by Chicken Scratch NY
- Create Craft Room Labels by Dragonfly & Lilypads
- Simple Storage Solution for your Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Organize this: DIY Planner Covers, Tags & Dividers (made with Cereal Boxes) by Black and White Obsession
- How to Make a Cut File into a Print & Cut by Create & Babble
- Simple Chest Freezer Organizational Board by Nearly Handmade
- Vinyl Your Kitchen Canisters! by From Wine to Whine
- Nursery Closet Dividers & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Make Custom Box Templates with a Silhouette for Drawer Organization by One Dog Woof
- Organizing the Craft Room by What’s Next Ma
- Vinyl Wall Calendar by Crafts Cakes and Cats
- Personalized Toy Storage Bins by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Personalized Routine Chart by Work in Progress
- Blog Planner Sheet Dividers + Free Cut Files by TitiCrafty by Camila
- Simple Project Calendar by Little Blue’s Room
- Dry Erase Photo Frame Menu Board + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Receipt Organization with Free Cut File by The Thinking Closet
- Cute and Easy Labels by Life After Laundry
- “What’s For Dinner?” Menu Planning Board by unOriginal Mom
- Mixing Organization and Function: An Easy Conversion Chart by My Paper Craze
- Why do my cookies taste so bad? A lesson in baking. by The Life and Times of a TAP
- Custom Drawer Dividers by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- The evolution of my labeling system by feto soap
- Ikea Drawer labels by McCall Manor
- Glass Etched Vinegar & Oil bottles by Terri Johnson Creates
- Organize It: Bathroom Closet by The House on Hillbrook
- Ombre Butterfly Magnet Board by Sowdering About