I haven’t done New Year resolutions in a long time. I didn’t feel like bothering, in years past it was always to lose weight and that never worked. Ok, so I’m giving that another shot this year too, with Counting Cupcakes. I’m not joking, it really exist. It’s a great program/ support group that was started by Emily from Sweet Bella Roos.
But, this year my goals go much further. In honor of 2013 I have listed 13 goals, hopes and dreams for the new year. I hope that as you read this you will get a little glimpse into what the next year will look like for me.
Here are the things I hope to see happen…
1) Be more organized- In my blogging life I want to have more material written ahead of time. In my personal life I want tackle the filing cabinet! I can’t portray the dread I have for this in writing. I completely avoided cleaning it out last year, and now it sits piled full of papers, receipts, tax info and things I didn’t want to lose just mocking me. I also need to get rid of clutter. We have a small house that isn’t getting any bigger. I need to stop wishing for more space, and use the space I have.
2) Reach 500 likes on Facebook.- I am kind of nervous, I am not sure if this one was overzealous. I might need your help getting there.
3) Start making Christmas gifts in July– This past Christmas I worked on my handmade gifts right up until the day, and still didn’t get everything done. I know it will sound ridiculous to me to start on everything in July, but I think it is the only way to ensure a little less stressful holiday season.
4) Get a better camera and learn how to use it.- It’s definitely time for a new one. This is something that will benefit my family and blog. I’m already signed up to take some online photography classes. I just have to get the camera and get started.
5) More dates with my husband.- This one needs no further explanation. Everyone know how life distracts you from what is really important.
6) Learn how to embroider.- My mother-in-law started to teach my a few months back, but then I got busy working on Christmas stuff and put it to the side. I have only learned one stitch so far, but I am excited to pick it back up. I even have an idea for a project that I want to work on.
7) Find more toddler activities that I can do with our son.- Especially activities that will help him learn his ABC’s and counting to 20. I would like to start blocking off a part of the day to work on these things.
8) Go camping– I loved camping when I was a kid, and I want to take Eli so bad THIS YEAR! Plus it would give me a chance to spend time with the hubby, find some special outdoor toddler activates that we can do, and a chance to work on photography by taking picture of the whole thing. Win. Win.
9) Start a craft Link Party– I would love to see all the thing you are working on each week. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but right now I am still stuck on what to call my party.
10) Finish sewing projects– I have had 2 things on my list for well over a year now. I have the fabric sitting here waiting on me for a fleece jacket that I promised my husband, and a dress for me. Both have been postponed because I haven’t got up the nerve to work on them.
11) Bake more- Especially bread. I have a bread machine, and have yet to really venture out past the basics.
12) Focus more on sewing– I would like to start writing more sewing/ quilting tutorials. My goal is submit a tutorial to one of the major fabric companies. (Moda. Riley Blake, …) My dream is to one day be an affiliate with one of these companies.
13) Put into practice 1 Peter 3:1-6 in my life- The main focus of these verses is “submission.” I know that is a dirty word in our society today, but I understand its importance. The problem is that I say I am submissive, but in my heart I am very far from it. Some where along the road I got my feelings hurt, and have let it harden my heart to the point that I’m almost hateful some times with my husband. Why is it that the ones closest to us get the brunt of our bad day? I know that I need to work on my relationship with Christ, spending more time in fellowship with Him. Only then will my heart follow.
I hope I didn’t loose you all on number 13. I know it isn’t something we like to talk about, but I was burdened to share this with you. My hope is that I’m not the only one struggling in this area.
I am excited to get started on my list. There will be a link to this article on my “About” page, and I will be marking them off as I go. I can’t wait to share the next year with you!
I hope you each have a wonderful New Year and it’s filled with much happiness.
Do you have any goals for the new year?